About the contest
Six leading media companies from Southeast Europe – Oslobodjenje (Sarajevo), Adria Media Group (Belgrade), Koha (Prishtina), Sloboden Pečat (Skopje), Koha (Skopje) and Vijesti (Podgorica) – have founded, at the recently held meeting in Podgorica, a regional media association. The main activities and goals of the association are mutual cooperation and support, joint training of employees, exchange of content, coordinated approach toward state and international bodies and organizations in order to improve the quality of journalism as well as conditions and position of the media on the market.
The full name of the Association in BHS is Medijska asocijacija jugoistočne Evrope (MAJE), in Albanian: Asociacioni i Mediave të Evropës Juglindore (AMEJL), in Macedonian: Asocijacija na mediumite na jugoistočna Evropa (AMJE) and the Media Association of South-East Europe in English (MASEE). The association is registered as a non-governmental association based in Podgorica.
The contest is being organized by the OSCE Mission to Montenegro in cooperation with the Media Association of South-Eastern Europe (MASEE).
The concept of the contest is to create an original graphic solution for the logo, applicable in large and small formats, for printed and electronic media, without restriction in motives, by using acronyms of full names of the association in the above mentioned languages (MAJE, AMEJL, AMJE, MASEE).
The aim of the contest is to engage pupils and students of schools and faculties for design as well as interested young graphic designers to create logo solutions that will be used by the Media Association of South-Eastern Europe.
The opportunity to participate in the competition is given to all adult students of the final grades of secondary schools and students of faculties, as well as young people specialized in graphic design, who, no later than March 1, 2018 should submit:
– a short biography;
– logo solution in electronic form;
– a statement on the authenticity of the graphic logo solution.
The duration of the competition is from February 7, 2018 to March 1, 2018.
The expert jury for evaluation and selection of works will be composed of the representatives of the OSCE Mission to Montenegro and the Media Association of South-East Europe.
Criteria for selecting the most successful work are originality and innovation. We encourage participants to present their own solutions and ideas that will symbolize the media, goals and principles of the association.
When it comes to creativity and detail, participants have absolute freedom, but we can give you a hint by saying that we love cheerful and vibrant colors, modern design that will perfectly fit into the web portal of the association and official official social media profiles, as well as in all printed and promotional materials.
– The logo must be the original work of the author and must not contain parts of any other copyrighted work;
– The logo must contain the acronym of the full name of the association (MAJE, AMEJ, AMJE, MASEE);
– The logo must be able to scale from large formats (posters, panels …) to small ones (flyers, printed materials …);
– It must be equally expressive, both in color and in gray scale;
– Application must be submitted in JPEG, PDF or TIFF format in high resolution (300 dpi);
– The author’s information must include: first and last name, email address, phone number and short biography;
– By submitting the work, the participants accept all the conditions of the contest.
Application documents and information should be sent to the e-mail address: [email protected]
The author of the winning logo design will be granted an award of 500 euros after the final decision of the expert jury and the harmonization of technical specifications.